Something happened to me the other day that was very unusual.
A few months ago, the old exhaust fan in the bathroom broke. Or, rather, died. It sure sounded like something dying, that’s for sure.
Standing on a ladder with a flashlight, I could make out the manufacturer and model number. I was even able to order a new one, same model, which I thought may make installation easier. Even a slight difference in size can mean making a new hole in the ceiling, or patching something, or some other nonsense. See my post about ceiling fans. I didn’t want to deal with it.
So I put it off, things got busy, and I didn’t want to go in the attic over the summer, so, it sat in the box for a while.
Last weekend it was cooler, and I thought I should get it over with and fix it. The first step in the installation instructions called for removing the fan module from the “can” that goes up recessed into the ceiling.
Hmm, I thought. Maybe I can just pop that new motor in the old one… and not have to remove/reinstall the entire unit…
And I could. The size, screw holes, and wiring harness all matched the old one in the ceiling that was installed way back who knows when. High marks to NuTone.
What was looking like a day in the attic turned into minutes on the ladder.
This project was a lot easier than I had expected.
And that almost never happens.
Wait for it…
The same thing applies to your website.
You could have a problem or something isn’t doing what you want, and it’s annoying. You may think it’s complicated (read: expensive) to fix. And it may be.
But it could also be not a big deal, and a web team with decades of experience could get it sorted out fairly efficiently.
It never hurts to ask – so – if you have some website weirdness that you’d like evaluated – let me know. Maybe it’s something we can fix and make the site better, without having to crawl through the attic.